Mobile and Contactless Payments for Mobile Network Operators and Handset Manufacturers
The mobile telecommunications market has been considerably shaken up in recent years by the arrival of new entrants to the market, forcing MNO’s to rethink their position in the market if they want to participate in the growth of mobile payment revenues. The big question for MNO’s is understanding and actualising the best possible trajectory within the mobile payment ecosystem, based on the formidable challenges of business models, partnerships, interoperability and adoption. What is the next step?
- Fly Solo: Will one visionary player with significant market power make the required investment to stimulate development?
- Buddy System: Will a financial institution and a carrier come together to provide payment solutions, sharing risks and rewards to develop harmonised and defined business models that create a broad base coalition of smaller players?
- Open Federation: Will mobile carriers, financial institutions, merchants and handset manufacturers come together on a standardised platform to provide mobile payment services?
A collaborative model focused on partnership appears to be the way forward, but there is disagreement as to the value proposition and customer ownership. Opportunities will certainly arise as partners combine customer bases to strengthen brand identity and demand however there are the obvious challenges in technical and operational integration.
Internationally, the expanding roles of the telecom operators and financial institutions are blurring the boundaries, with operators acquiring licences and banks becoming telecom operators. What will happen here in Australia?
Mobile and Contactless Payments 2012 provides a unique opportunity to meet with the different industries who will be involved in the mobile payments ecosystem.
- You WILL Learn How To Position Your Organization In The Evolving Payments Ecosystem 30+ speakers, representing a cross section of all key stakeholders in the payments industry - including financial institutions, merchant organizations, payment networks, mobile network operators and governing bodies
- You WILL Hear Insider Information On Early Pilot Programs and success roadmaps By September, the early pilot programs you’ve been reading about will have results to share with us. Get the back story on what it took to make these programs happen and let their early work help you determine your next moves.
- You WILL Take Home A Strategy Blueprint For The Next 6, 12 And 18 Months Industry leaders will help you make informed recommendations to your team when you return to the office. You’ll become the in-house expert on strategy, NFC, security and fraud and how to select the best technology vendors.
- You WILL Make Valuable Connections With Key Industry Players For Future Partnerships An effective payments strategy depends on carefully-selected partnerships. Mobile and Contactless Payments 2012 provides an intimate and relaxed setting for you to network with executives who are more than willing to help you achieve your goals of capitalizing on new commerce opportunities.